Materials and Industrial Equipment Division
"Materials" form the turning points and physical foundations of human civilization. The periods of human civilization are marked by materials (periods of Paleolithic, Neolithic, Bronze, Iron and Silicon or Electronic), which indicates the high influence of materials and its related techniques to the development of human society. Today, "materials, energy, and information" are considered as the three main pillars of modern society.
The "Advanced Materials Industry" emerged in the early 1980s as one of the most important and dynamic topics in the history of the international industry. These materials are a new generation of metal, ceramic, polymer and composite materials that, due to their novel and different internal structure, have new and superior physical and chemical properties compared to conventional materials. The enhanced and unique properties of these materials make it possible for them to have outstanding and unique functions.
"Advanced Materials Technologies" refers to all the advanced processes and equipment of design, production, processing, application, manufacturing, shaping, protection, characterization, troubleshooting, reconstruction, etc. for advanced materials.
The great dependence of other fields of technology (including aerospace, new energy, advanced manufacturing equipment, production, laboratory, etc.) on the use of advanced materials technologies and products and its direct and indirect technical and economic effects on these fields is undeniable; so that, the direct traces of advanced technologies and products can be seen in a wide range of industries.
The country's capacities and advantages:
- Potential domestic market for advanced materials products;
- Specialized human resources in various fields of materials engineering;
- Existence of academic, research and semi-industrial production centers in this field;
- Existence of required primary resources in the country;
- The possibility of completing the added-value chain of materials and changing the approach of selling raw materials (natural minerals and oil) to sell valuable advanced materials;
- The possibility of achieving a good share of the global market for advanced materials and achieving economic leaps through the export of advanced materials due to the increase in global demand;
- Ability to produce advanced materials in small and medium enterprises with medium investment;
- Activities of about 25 scientific associations with direct or indirect thematic communication in various branches of science and engineering.