Clean Energy and Environment Division
The main mission of the Clean Energy and Environment Division is to help "realize Iran's advanced and active climate change and to have a resilient and sustainable environment for current and future generations" through the acquisition of emerging and future technologies, export of services and technological products, and identifying and taking advantage of international opportunities for technology and economic cooperation.
In this regard, CPDI, as one of the main players in the area of environment in the country, is an active member of many committees and national working groups, such as the "Special Working Group on International Negotiations on Climate Change" and the "National Working Group on Reducing Air Pollution in Metropolises". In addition, as the National Designated Entity (NDE) of Iran in the Climate Technology Centre and Network (CTCN), CPDI has an official and approved position in the United Nations. Providing solutions, access, development and transfer of technical or technological knowledge and financial resources to deal with climate change are among the most important missions of CPDI as a NDE.
The main topics in this field are:
• Renewable and Clean Energy
• Air Pollution
• Clean Transportation
• Energy Storage
The country's capacities and advantages:
• High oil and gas reserves;
• Large power plant capacity as the first producer of electricity in the Middle East and North Africa;
• Advantages of political geography and bordering with countries with rich energy resources or energy applicants;
• Existence of various resources and capacities for the development of renewable energy;
• Appropriate capacity to create jobs in different categories of academic education.
• Positive and constructive interaction of the Islamic Republic of Iran with international institutions in the field of environment;
• Potential indigenous capacities in environment-related technologies and renewable energy in the country.