Data-Oriented Technologies Division
Due to the development of new technologies such as telecommunication technologies and the Internet, a large amount of data and information is generated and used every day. 21st century can be called century of data. Data recording, storage and exchange have led to the flourishing of Data-Oriented Technologies such as the Internet of Things, artificial intelligence, digital twins etc. Most of these technologies are disruptive and have the potential to make fundamental changes in people's lifestyles and therefore have a significant impact on human lifestyles.
The most important tasks of Data-Oriented Technologies Division are:
1. Helping to promote, transfer and develop data-oriented technologies and expand their applications throughout various sectors in the Country;
2. Contribution in IoT policy-making and regulation as National IoT Secretariat;
3. Cooperating with relevant institutions in artificial intelligence regulation in the Country;
4. Helping to expand the role of data in governance by emphasizing the formation of data-driven decision-making and data-driven management;
5. Market creation for data-oriented technologies in the Country and facilitating international business for them;
6. Helping to form and expand data-driven platforms to empower and support related businesses.
Iran advantages in artificial intelligence and the Internet of Things can be summarized as follows:
• Existence of young graduates and prominent professors in this field
• A large number of companies active in the field of Internet of Things and artificial intelligence
• Special attention of officials to these technologies to solve the Country's problems