Materials and Industrial Equipment Division
Materials and Industrial Equipment Division
"Materials" form the turning points and physical foundations of human civilization. The periods of human civilization are marked by materials (periods of Paleolithic, Neolithic, Bronze, Iron and Silicon or Electronic), which indicates the high influence of materials and its related techniques to the development of human society. Today, "materials, energy, and information" are considered as the three main pillars of modern society.
The "Advanced Materials Industry" emerged in the early 1980s as one of the most important and dynamic topics in the history of the international industry. These materials are a new generation of metal, ceramic, polymer and composite materials that, due to their novel and different internal structure, have new and superior physical and chemical properties compared to conventional materials. The enhanced and unique properties of these materials make it possible for them to have outstanding and unique functions.
"Advanced Materials Technologies" refers to all the advanced processes and equipment of design, production, processing, application, manufacturing, shaping, protection, characterization, troubleshooting, reconstruction, etc. for advanced materials.
The great dependence of other fields of technology (including aerospace, new energy, advanced manufacturing equipment, production, laboratory, etc.) on the use of advanced materials technologies and products and its direct and indirect technical and economic effects on these fields is undeniable; so that, the direct traces of advanced technologies and products can be seen in a wide range of industries.
The country's capacities and advantages:
- Potential domestic market for advanced materials products;
- Specialized human resources in various fields of materials engineering;
- Existence of academic, research and semi-industrial production centers in this field;
- Existence of required primary resources in the country;
- The possibility of completing the added-value chain of materials and changing the approach of selling raw materials (natural minerals and oil) to sell valuable advanced materials;
- The possibility of achieving a good share of the global market for advanced materials and achieving economic leaps through the export of advanced materials due to the increase in global demand;
- Ability to produce advanced materials in small and medium enterprises with medium investment;
- Activities of about 25 scientific associations with direct or indirect thematic communication in various branches of science and engineering.
Some carried out activities:
- Contribution to transfer knowledge and technology to implement industrial and technological projects;
- Supporting the knowledge-based enterprises in order to eliminate the bottlenecks in the advanced materials and manufacturing industries, etc.;
- Carrying out soft projects and studies to promote the status of advanced materials technologies in the country (monitoring the technology, future studies, support for specialized meetings, etc.)
- Establishing effective communication between different players in the field.
- EU Parliament votes in favour of cutting emissions 60 percent by 2030
- Melting ice sheets will add over 15 inches to global sea level rise by 2100
- “Monenco Iran Consulting Engineers” Membership in CTCN
- $134bn export from free, special zones across country during this gov't term indicates beginning of a new movement in these zones
- Iran, Turkey determined to effectively implement bilateral agreements based on common interests
- Minister: Norway Opens $1bln Credit Line to Ease Exports to Iran
- Scientists Use AI to Diagnose Various Types of Cancers
- Iranian VP in Turkey for Expansion of Sci-Tech Ties
- Science and Technology in Iran: A Brief Review 2019
- Singapore to participate in Expo 2020 Dubai
The Latest Events
- Iran ready to cooperate with Islamic states in AI technology, says Rouhani
- President Rouhani: Muslims should find ways to counter dollar dominance
- Iran Unveils New Humanoid Robot Sorena IV
- Iran: Aviation Agencies Invest $46m in Technology Companies, Startups
- Iran-China IoT Innovation Center inaugurated in Beijing
- Technological Cooperation of Iran and Uzbekistan Will Be Developed
- Knowledge-based economy moves on the circuit of humanities innovations
- Iran petchem output to hit $25 bln by 2021
- Iran ready to take a step toward 5G technology
- National Institution for Transforming India