Media and Life Development Group
Media and Life Development
Cultural and Information Technologies can be applied in systematic production of goods and services that are cultural in nature and have cultural effects on people in the society. The development of intelligent equipment influence in society (such as mobile phones, tablets, etc.) is among the topics which the Growth Media working group of CITC is concerned with. The purpose of this department is to help improve various local fields of intelligent hardware and software equipment in collaboration with international organizations.
The capacities and advantages of the country for development of smart equipment include:
- Large number of specialists and experienced human resources;
- Rich academic community;
- Cheap competitive labor market;
-Ability to export to neighboring countries and benefiting their untapped markets in this area;
-Privileged geographic advantages.
Some of the achievements in this field are:
-Identification and evaluation of active companies in this field to determine their capabilities;
-Contribution to providing required hardware and software infrastructure for development with priority of foreign and private investment;
-Interaction with stakeholders, partner organizations and upstream and legislator institutions with the aim of eliminating obstacles, building required capacities and reforming inefficient laws (fields of investment, financing, time and process of handing over the companies, etc.);
-Adoption of a demand-driven and futuristic approach to technology development and dissemination in the target industries.
E-learning Content is an important part of the digital useful content. A major part of the contents in specialized scientific databases, virtual schools and educational and scientific soft wares falls under this definition. Digital versatile software to collect, record, share and transfer knowledge and develop learning and teaching process is also included in the definition.
All people of the society need education from birth to adulthood. But children, adolescents and youths are the main audience of "e-learning content" area in society. Pupils and students in different grades can benefit from electronic training as a complementary or alternative source. Also, adults in different professions can use digital content for additional in-service education.
Considering the need for production and development of local content for e-learning at different levels and in Persian language, the role of national production in progress of cultural industries will be definitely unprecedented.
Achieving technical methods of production and providing educational content considering educational technology and innovations in learning and teaching, and the like make these industries knowledge-based activities.
Availability of minimum educational facilities (such as personal computers, tablets, smart phones and Internet) is essential for learners to be able to take advantage of the e-learning system. Moreover, some special skills including basic computer and internet skills are necessary for virtual learning. The countrys telecommunications capacity should also be developed along with the needs of virtual education.
The United States invested about $ 12 billion on open source e-learning sector in 2013, and these types of huge investments led some people to name 2014 as the year of taking serious decisions on e-learning.
Most of investment and applications growth curves of e-learning have been focused on the years 2014 to 2016, and it is predicted that about 85% of the world training will be through electronic and virtual learning by 2025.
The capacities and advantages of the country for development of e-learning content include:
- About 13 million pupils and more than 4 million academic students in different educational levels in schools and universities;
-One million teachers in schools, and 200 thousand faculty members;
-Capability of producing Persian and local content for the target population.
Some of the achievements in this field are:
-Doing projects related to the field of Information Technology as the main tool and platform for providing e-learning content;
-Providing necessary ground for development of identity-maker and soft technologies (cultural/creative technologies) to create an effective environment for teaching-learning;
-Providing opportunity of cooperation with capable countries to facilitate transfer of their experience and know-how in this field and to export Iranian e-learning content to other countries (including Persian-speaking and Muslim countries or those with appropriate cultural background).
Games and Toys
In psychology and ethology, any physical or mental activity that is done individually or in a group or voluntarily, and with the purpose of entertainment and enjoyment is called "game" and any item used for play is called ?Toy?.
Play is the whole life of a child, and every human being actually plays from birth, without knowing or being willing to. Therefore, the greatest influence of toys is on children and their growth and upbringing.
In terms of education, ?Edutainment? is one of the most effective educational approaches used in modern educational systems, where games and toys are important elements education. While play is the whole life of a child, for grown-ups it is one of the most important sources of entertainment to spend their leisure times. Today, being in vogue, the serious games have gained more educational and training implications for adults. Economically speaking, earning money through games is not merely limited to selling toys, but selling play spaces such as playgrounds, amusement parks and game-nets have also become one of the profitable businesses. Iran imports 95 percent of the toys in the domestic market, of which 90% are made in China. The volume of Iran?s imports in 2015 was about $ 80 million.
The capacities and advantages of the country for development of games and toys industry include:
- Young consumer market and a high population of students;
- Raw materials for production of high quality toys;
- Lack of strong regional competitor in the industry;
- Large regional consumer market;
- Rich cultural background to design toys with Islamic-Iranian content;
- Development of new educational methods for children and adolescents based on edutainment concept.
Some of the achievements in games and toys industry are:
- Establishing the required links to produce the necessary technologies for developing the industry;
- Monitoring regional consumer market and targeted and integrated export;
- Contributing to hold the National Festival of Toys by the Institute for Intellectual Development of Children and Young Adults;
- Helping hold the National Festival of Cultural Commodity, focused on toys and stationery;
- Holding a festival on improving quality of cultural works, products and activities (one of the topics was toy industry);
- Launching game-nets for Table Games;
- Establishing permanent Scape Room sites;
- Setting up Theme Parks;
- Membership in the Supervisory Council for Toys.
Video games are both media and game simultaneously with combined characteristics of these two concepts. In addition to the inherent features of the game including players efforts, fixed rules, variable output, valuing output, negotiable consequences and players interest in output, video games bear the characteristics of the new media such as interactivity and digitization.
From application point of view, video games are divided into two categories of Serious Games and Entertainment Games;
- Serious games are subdivided into Educational Games, Health Games, AdverGames, Military Games, Political Games and Simulation Games;
- Entertainment games are very diverse and increasingly vary over time. Some of the categories can be: Action Games, Adventure Games, Arcade Games, Fighting Games, Horror Games, MMOs, Racing Games, Role Playing Games, Shooter Games, Sports Games, Simulation Games, Strategy Games, and so on.
These products are also used in an extensive range of applications in the country. According to the latest research conducted by Iran Computer and Video Games Foundation in 2015, there are more than 23 million gamers in Iran (one gamer per family on average), who spend more than one hour a week playing games. The average time for playing games is over 79 minutes per day in Iran. The important point is that video games are no longer just a media for children and adolescents, but with an audience of average age of 21, they are becoming widely popular.
The industrys sales in 2015 totaled $ 140 million (including hardware and software), of which Iranian games, unfortunately, accounted for only 5 percent. All these figures indicate the importance, potential and intensity of the activities in this field.
Due to advantages of domestic production, the capacity of this industry to contribute export growth is very high. On the other hand, digital distribution can quickly pave the way for export to other countries and hence, increase countries foreign exchange reserves. While in many other industries, issues such as customs duty, clearance, cargo insurance and etc. may create challenges for export operators, video games export is far from such obstacles. The only important factors influencing games export are effective promotional activities and targeted distribution, which can be achieved through dedicated measures.
Video games have a good position in terms of employment and job creation cost. Job creation cost in many industries is estimated more than 30,000 USD which is much higher for industries such as petrochemicals. However, according to the Research Center of Iran Computer and Video Games Foundation, the cost of job creation in video games industry is between 8000 to 9000 USD, which represents the faster cycle of job creation in this field.
In addition, a wide range of specialties such as different arts, game design, programming, sound design, publishing and distribution, management and etc. are involved in this industry, which again highlights the entrepreneurship capacity of this field, and shows the complexity of production and management of big game development projects that in some cases include up to more than 200 different types of specialties.
The capacities and advantages of the country for development of video games include:
- Low costs of job creation;
- Much lower costs of production than many other countries;
- Rich culture and the capacity to exploit it in production;
- High capacity for export.
Some of the achievements in video games are:
- Providing support to organize national festivals;
- Publishing Iranian games in international markets and winning international awards;
- Facilitating international cooperation in joint production and technology transfer;
Economic development can not be achieved without cultural development; because, paying no serious consideration to culture in their economic development, nations fail to accomplish their economic gools or they can only achieve temporary success.Therefore, realizing development goals of the countries is nowadays premised on cultural development.
Cultural industries are of great economic significance in most of the developed countries. Cultural industries create ideas, produce and distribute products and services with cultural nature and aim at producing cultural effects on communities and individuals. These industries are knowledge based and capable of creating many jobs. Producing cultural goods involves individual creativity, skills, and talents; hence, cultural industries are also known as “creative industries”.
Such cultural technologies are important in terms of their economic, social and national impacts as well as their effects on innovation and creativity. Employment development with lower investment level, wealth-based sustainable development, and having the capacity to be a tool for creating income are some of the economic advantages associated to these industries. In terms of culture, creative industries can disseminate Islamic-Iranian culture throughout the world while help to preserve the local and national cultural diversity.So they are a powerful protect for national security and authority spreading the message of the Islamic Revolution. They also give great impetus to improve public culture and enhance self-esteem and solidarity.
- Minister: Norway Opens $1bln Credit Line to Ease Exports to Iran
- Scientists Use AI to Diagnose Various Types of Cancers
- Iranian VP in Turkey for Expansion of Sci-Tech Ties
- Science and Technology in Iran: A Brief Review 2019
- Singapore to participate in Expo 2020 Dubai
- Expo 2020 prepares for next-gen healthcare innovations
- The ecosystem of technology and innovation in the field of electricity will be developed
- Researchers listen to voice of Karnak Temple priest 3,000 years after his death
- Global race is on for 6G technology research, commercial use
- Shanghai FTZ achieves excellent contractual foreign investment
The Latest Events
- Iran ready to cooperate with Islamic states in AI technology, says Rouhani
- President Rouhani: Muslims should find ways to counter dollar dominance
- Iran Unveils New Humanoid Robot Sorena IV
- Iran: Aviation Agencies Invest $46m in Technology Companies, Startups
- Iran-China IoT Innovation Center inaugurated in Beijing
- Technological Cooperation of Iran and Uzbekistan Will Be Developed
- Knowledge-based economy moves on the circuit of humanities innovations
- Iran petchem output to hit $25 bln by 2021
- Iran ready to take a step toward 5G technology
- National Institution for Transforming India