According to international published reports, the average growth of the world market in pharmaceutical industry is about 60%. Also, in the last 10 years in the Islamic Republic of Iran, the compound annual growth rate of the mentioned industry has been 30%, which in 2015 reached 40% due to the "Health Transformation Plan". The industry has formed a market of $ 55 billion to $ 60 billion in the neighboring countries.
A pharmaceutical system includes policy-making, monitoring, production process, import, export, distribution, prescription and use of drugs to maintain the health of individuals in society and increase the resilience of the country's pharmaceutical industry.
According to the chairman of the Iranian pharmaceutical Industries Syndicate, "Iran is 100% self-sufficient in drug packaging and now we can supply 67% of the country's needs in production of effective medicinal substances." Currently, there are about 120 pharmaceutical manufacturers and 55 effective medicinal substances manufacturers in the country.
The country's capacities and advantages:
• Existence of an acceptable number of pharmaceutical companies in different sections of raw materials, distribution, and importing;
• Existence of capable specialists in this field;
• Geographical proximity to drug importing countries;
• Existence of various sources of pharmaceutical raw materials in the country;
• Cheap energy.
Some carried out activities:
• Monitoring, foresight, identifying and providing solutions to challenging issues;
• Introducing and helping to achieve new technologies in the country's pharmaceutical industry;
• Supporting knowledge-based companies in promoting the pharmaceutical industry and drug and services exports;
• Introducing specialists, companies, institutions and leading and successful centers in the field of medicine;
• Interacting with relevant agencies in order to solve the problems of the country's pharmaceutical industry;
• Identification and registration of native herbal medicines in the country;
• Development of new technologies for identification and disposal of contaminants and counterfeits in the foods;
• Establishing international cooperation to help produce some available commercialized biocompatible drugs.
- Minister: Norway Opens $1bln Credit Line to Ease Exports to Iran
- Scientists Use AI to Diagnose Various Types of Cancers
- Iranian VP in Turkey for Expansion of Sci-Tech Ties
- Science and Technology in Iran: A Brief Review 2019
- Singapore to participate in Expo 2020 Dubai
- Expo 2020 prepares for next-gen healthcare innovations
- The ecosystem of technology and innovation in the field of electricity will be developed
- Researchers listen to voice of Karnak Temple priest 3,000 years after his death
- Global race is on for 6G technology research, commercial use
- Shanghai FTZ achieves excellent contractual foreign investment
The Latest Events
- Iran ready to cooperate with Islamic states in AI technology, says Rouhani
- President Rouhani: Muslims should find ways to counter dollar dominance
- Iran Unveils New Humanoid Robot Sorena IV
- Iran: Aviation Agencies Invest $46m in Technology Companies, Startups
- Iran-China IoT Innovation Center inaugurated in Beijing
- Technological Cooperation of Iran and Uzbekistan Will Be Developed
- Knowledge-based economy moves on the circuit of humanities innovations
- Iran petchem output to hit $25 bln by 2021
- Iran ready to take a step toward 5G technology
- National Institution for Transforming India