Electricity and Power Division
Electricity and Power Division
The electric power industry is one of the key infrastructures of development in the world, the value chain of which begins with the process of electricity generation and ends with the transfer and distribution of electricity to the consumer. According to published reports in the electric power industry, Iran, with a production of 7 billion kilowatt-hours (kWh) in 2014, is ranked 17th in the world and first in the region in electricity production.
In addition, Iran is one of the exporters of electricity and with annual export of 6707 million kWh, it is ranked 25th in the world. A review of the trend of electricity exports of Iran shows that the amount of electricity exports has been increased from 622 million kWh in 1998 to 9660 million kWh in 2015. Iran's net energy exports have jumped sharply since 2008, and the Ministry of Energy has been able to increase electricity exports by keeping electricity imports stable.
The export of electrical equipment in the last decade has been generally upward and has grown by an average rate of 20% annually. The purpose of exporting technical and engineering services of the power sector includes Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) of electrical installations projects.
More than 8 million people in the world are currently working in the field of renewable energy, and it is projected that by 2026, with the development of information technology solutions to manage customer data and automate the distribution network, the turnover will reach more than $ 21.4 billion.
The country's capacities and advantages:
• High percentage of self-sufficiency in the construction of power plants and the process of production, transmission and distribution of electricity;
• Excess capacity of electricity production in the country and the possibility of exporting electricity to countries in the region;
• The need to improve the efficiency of power plants and reduce losses in the country's electricity network;
• Existence of abundant renewable and non-renewable resources for electricity generation in the country.
Some carried out activities:
• Constructive interaction with relevant agencies with the aim of improving the situation of the country's electricity network;
• Reviewing of laws and policies related to the field of electricity and power and efforts to correct them;
• Identifying and supporting capable companies in this field;
• Supporting the holding of meetings and conferences related to the purpose of promoting and discussing related issues.
- Minister: Norway Opens $1bln Credit Line to Ease Exports to Iran
- Scientists Use AI to Diagnose Various Types of Cancers
- Iranian VP in Turkey for Expansion of Sci-Tech Ties
- Science and Technology in Iran: A Brief Review 2019
- Singapore to participate in Expo 2020 Dubai
- Expo 2020 prepares for next-gen healthcare innovations
- The ecosystem of technology and innovation in the field of electricity will be developed
- Researchers listen to voice of Karnak Temple priest 3,000 years after his death
- Global race is on for 6G technology research, commercial use
- Shanghai FTZ achieves excellent contractual foreign investment
The Latest Events
- Iran ready to cooperate with Islamic states in AI technology, says Rouhani
- President Rouhani: Muslims should find ways to counter dollar dominance
- Iran Unveils New Humanoid Robot Sorena IV
- Iran: Aviation Agencies Invest $46m in Technology Companies, Startups
- Iran-China IoT Innovation Center inaugurated in Beijing
- Technological Cooperation of Iran and Uzbekistan Will Be Developed
- Knowledge-based economy moves on the circuit of humanities innovations
- Iran petchem output to hit $25 bln by 2021
- Iran ready to take a step toward 5G technology
- National Institution for Transforming India