The aviation industry is divided into two parts: manufacturing (including designing and manufacturing of systems and subsystems such as engines and avionics) and operation (including cargo/passenger air transportation, regional and public aviation, airline issues, commercially used drones, etc.).
In addition to its economic importance, the industry, with an annual turnover of $ 470 billion worldwide, has a direct impact on maintaining the country's security and improving its defense capabilities. At the same time, a wide range of technologies, including electronics, telecommunications, engines, materials, manufacturing processes, will be developed addressing areas related to this industry.
One of the most important features of the aviation industry, which has helped many active players in this field to become knowledge-based entities, is the short interval between research and industrial implementation due to the high speed of technological developments in this field. It is worth noting that knowledge-based companies can play an important role in empowering larger industries and making an effective presence in international markets by being in the supply chain of manufacturing and product development.
The country's capacities and advantages:
- Geographic location of the country and being located on the route of international flights;
- Justifying the geographical distribution of the population of air transport between different cities of the country due to the variety of applications of air products;
- Existence of specialized human resources in the field of aviation industry;
- Numerous records and experiences in domestic manufacturing and operation.
Some carried out activities:
- Reviewing and studying the opportunities and challenges of public aviation in the country;
- Reviewing and studying the opportunities and strategies for the development of the country's aviation economy;
- Preparing and compiling a comprehensive book of companies in the field of aerospace industry;
- Helping in localization of the country's fleet and equipment of the aviation industry;
- Identifying and supporting powerful collections in the field of aviation industry;
- Holding demand-oriented events in the aviation industry and helping to link supply and technological demand in this field;
- International networking in the field of aviation industry in order to help transfer new related technologies to the country;
- Examining the freedom of the air in the country with the approach of adopting the "open skies" policy as one way of developing the air transportation industry and transit of international passengers.
- Minister: Norway Opens $1bln Credit Line to Ease Exports to Iran
- Scientists Use AI to Diagnose Various Types of Cancers
- Iranian VP in Turkey for Expansion of Sci-Tech Ties
- Science and Technology in Iran: A Brief Review 2019
- Singapore to participate in Expo 2020 Dubai
- Expo 2020 prepares for next-gen healthcare innovations
- The ecosystem of technology and innovation in the field of electricity will be developed
- Researchers listen to voice of Karnak Temple priest 3,000 years after his death
- Global race is on for 6G technology research, commercial use
- Shanghai FTZ achieves excellent contractual foreign investment
The Latest Events
- Iran ready to cooperate with Islamic states in AI technology, says Rouhani
- President Rouhani: Muslims should find ways to counter dollar dominance
- Iran Unveils New Humanoid Robot Sorena IV
- Iran: Aviation Agencies Invest $46m in Technology Companies, Startups
- Iran-China IoT Innovation Center inaugurated in Beijing
- Technological Cooperation of Iran and Uzbekistan Will Be Developed
- Knowledge-based economy moves on the circuit of humanities innovations
- Iran petchem output to hit $25 bln by 2021
- Iran ready to take a step toward 5G technology
- National Institution for Transforming India